Since it's inception in 1937, originally, D.G. Bélanger was know as an electrical contractor. In 1947, the company became Dollard Bélanger Construction, expanding the business to include services such as building schools,municipal facilities, water and sewer infrastructure, lagoons, owned a tractor dealership, furniture and hardware store, potato grower, major land developer and even explosives distributor. In the early 1950's Dollard Bélanger Construction was one of the largest civil contractors in the province and was building roads all over Northern New Brunswick.
In 1953, in better identify with the regions and landscapes where their work was being accomplished, the company changed its name to Northern Construction and Suppliers. Northern has now expanded tremendously to offer a wide range of services through their umbrella of business units.